Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter has come to Minnesota... 4 weeks to Florida!

I knew it wouldn't last, that it couldn't last, but oh how I wished it would. Up until this week, we have had very few days that actually feel like winter, very little snow, and really nothing to complain about as far as Minnesota winters are concerned! But.... it happened.....winter arrived. We had snow, then ice then snow and now we are in the grey, frozen days of January and I am hating it even more than usual!!

I was spoiled, I was able to run outside every weekend in November, December and the first two in January, now I am stuck on the treadmill, as I am afraid of slipping and hurting myself before the "big race" and I just hate the cold!!
Can't wait to use it!! Notice the background? Lol!

And just in time for the snow, my Garmin 410 arrived!!! Bummer!! I want to get out there and use it so badly, but I just cannot force myself to bear the extreme temps.



While my last post boasted that I was back to a good point on my training, I now feel like I have gone down hill. Running on the treadmill is nothing like running outside, and there is NO WAY I am going to be able to run more than 6 miles at a time on the treadmill.

I am hoping for warmer weather, and doing what I can to get some training runs in. Trying for speed while running shorter miles. Don't know if this will help me at all, but I feel like I am just spinning my wheels until I can get back outside.

28 days until I leave for Disney World!! I have done a lot of planning already. I keep reading over and over that the key to a good Disney vacation is to do a fair amount of planning, but not to over plan. I have made dining reservations at a few places that I want to eat at (memories from my childhood visits, and a few new places recommended on the various blogs I read). I want Missy to be part of the planning process, but she has been quite busy (hopefully training? :) and so I have been solo for most of the planning. We have plans to get together this weekend and hash out our plans! Very exciting!

Our reservations and Magical Express information came in the mail this past weekend, making the trip feel real, and getting me even more excited. Ryan and I went to Beauty and the Beast 3D on Saturday night. It was wonderful, and a great way to get myself even more excited (if that is possible?) I remembered every word of the movie/songs which is crazy cause I haven't seen the movie in about 10 years or more!! It was really fun and Ryan's first time seeing the movie (he is not a big Disney fan!)

Waiting for Beauty and the Beast to start! I dig the glasses!




With being homebound due to the snow, I have had some time to get my costumes in order and have finally narrowed it down to being Rapunzel for the 5k and Snow White for the 1/2. I am going totally out for the 5k, mainly because it is an un-timed race, 5k is not far, and I will be running slowly to stick with Missy. Because we are running together, it will be fun to be all dressed up and to just get into it.

So for Rapunzel, I have my purple tutu, and a purple lululemon racerback. I have made a "bib" of sorts to attach to the tank, so that I have Rapunzel's signature laced-up top.


Abigail likes to help!!



And then I have really stretched my inability to sew, and tried my hand at making some detachable puffed-sleeves. The single sleeve that I have finished took me 4 hours to make!!!  It fits really well and looks cute with the rest of the costume. But I have NO want to make another one. So I am going to try and go much simpler and make a purple puffed sleeve and just attach pink ribbon to it, so that it looks stripped. Sewing all those strips together was hard work. 

The sleeve from hell!

Since I had NO CLUE what it took to sew, let alone cut a straight piece of fabric, I am going much, much simpler for the 1/2. I am going to wear my yellow Team Sparkle skirt, a blue tank, and a red headband with a bow. That is my take on Snow White and it will be great!! LOL!! I will maybe even put on some red lipstick if I am feeling it. But going simple and comfortable is probably best. Plus I DON'T HAVE TO SEW!!! :)

I am waiting for Missy to get her shirt purchased, as I am going to attach some blue sleeves to it. My idea for her sleeves is much, much easier than the sleeves I tried making for Rapunzel!!




No comments:

Post a Comment