Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Preparing to be a Princess

Even though the Princess 1/2 is months away, I have been preparing for it like it is tomorrow. Mentally, I have run this race many times. In my dreams, and each time I get on the treadmill to train (since it is now cold and yucky outside), I run this race. I have created a princess themed training board, to keep me motivated, and I have made my princess fleece blanket, which I plan on using on the day of the race to keep me warm in the corrals!




My very favorite cousin, who is much like a sister to me, is traveling with me to Disney World in February. She is also training to run in Disney! She will not be running the 1/2 but instead will be running her very first 5k!! I am running this race with her, and am very excited to cheer her on as she completes her first race ever!!

We both have decided to run in costume for this race. I am running as Rapunzel and my cousin is running as Cinderella!!  We have fashioned our outfits like the photos below, and made them extra princessy by making very lovely, very full tutus!!




Of course, I will not be wearing my tutu for the full marathon, but instead have purchased the above Team Sparkle skirt, so that I still have princess appeal, but with less fuss!! I have flowers for my hair, as I cannot imagine running in a wig, and my hair will be long enough come February. I do have purple running shoes, and I am looking for some purple running tights to wear under the skirt. My cousin has a lovely blue tutu (which I am very jealous of) and she will even be running in a very fancy crown! We will both also go overboard by attaching princess-puffed-sleeves to our running shirts! How fun is this going to be?? I can't wait!!

One last detail....I will also have my faithful running pal Pascal with me for the 5k.


Pascal is one of my favorite parts of the entire movie and I just don't think my outfit would be complete w/o him. I have a small plush version that I am going to tuck/pin to my race belt! 


We are going to look amazing and have so much fun running this race!! I cannot wait to see all of the pictures!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment